Wednesday, 12 November 2014


We had a one day workshop with the theme of "Flight", with the goal being to create something that actually "flies". We initially had the idea of making something similar to a Chinese lantern, which we concluded was probably not safe to create in the studio and was not very imaginative/original. We also decided against using many candles to try and suspend an object such as a paper plane along a certain path or trajectory as it also wasn't particularly safe.

After looking for new materials to experiment with we found a styrofoam board that was really light, which we began to experiment with. We documented the different variations/ models we created, which progressively evolved after each "flight", adding or taking away weight, making it more aerodynamic or adding completely unnecessary parts to it.

This was a fun project that sadly ended with the destruction of the model, but we documented most of it's different forms and have evidence of their flight, no matter how short.

No comments:

Post a Comment